Friday, September 17, 2010

Learn Your Three General Orders Before You Ship To Basic

There will be many things you'll have to memorize while at Basic Training, one of the first will be your three general orders. These general orders, once committed to memory and understood, will be the foundation of all guard duties that you'll be tasked to handle in you army career (trust me, you'll pull lots of guard duty). I've included these general orders for you to memorize. You'll save a lot of time and headaches if you learn them before you ship out. They are pretty short and sweet so it shouldn't take you much time to learn them.


1st General Order
"I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved."




2nd General Order
"I will obey my special orders and perform all of my duties in a military manner."
3rd General Order
"I will report violations of my special orders, emergencies, and anything not covered in my instructions, to the commander of the relief."




Staff Sergeant Brito is a recruiter with the California Army National Guard. He is a veteran of thirteen years of both the US Army and Army National Guard. He can be reached via email at iguardcalifornia@yahoo.com. He's has posted numerous videos on Youtube.com about preparing for Basic Training. Click here to view them http://www.youtube.com/user/iguardcalifornia?feature=mhum